Saturday, December 18, 2010

Graduation Card with a Christmas Faith and Angel



This week I had a friend request a graduation card. I had so much fun finding the perfect sentiment. I love the cap on this card and will make more of them! I used book paper that I had shredded and put them together to create the tassel. The rope wrapped around the tassel and the button help the "cap" image come to life.

The cap paper was a shimmery black but almost looks silver in this photo. I love the shine to this paper. It was just a random paper I found and have so enjoyed using it.




This Faith picture was commissioned by a new friend I met at the Central Catholic craft show. I enjoyed collaborating with her to find the perfect songs for the background and words she wanted me to incorporate. Every day that I worked on this piece, I said a little prayer for her and the church family she loves and will share this with as a "thank you" and Merry Christmas present. I know they will love it as much as she did when she picked it up.














The Angel has the story of the Christmas Angel in the background and a border of my favorite lace. This lace was in a box in my classroom for the past ten years. Since it was at the bottom, the students had never worked their way down to it. I have used it in so many pieces this season. The stamped "Believe in the Magic of Christmas" is also framed by the lace. Of course, it needed a bit of bling so the words got some gold jewels.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our kitchen table! Leave us a comment!